Floor Protectors For Plants
When watering your plants, chances of ending up with a watery rings, soil stains and even root rot are high if you don’t have a way of drawing the excess water away…this is where water catchers for plants come in.
Drainage plate for plants protect your floors, carpets, and tabletops from soil stains and water rings. They also keep excess moisture away from surfaces and the overly-delicate root systems.
They do so by catching all the runoff water.
Furthermore, they hold extra water meaning you will water your plants/flowers less frequently.
Water catchers for plants
1. Clear Plant Saucers Excellent Outdoor
Then they are built so strong such that they hold your pot out of any standing water- even if you drench your plant.
They have a low profile and are visually unobtrusive.
Ridged on the bottom, these saucers provide a very stable base and smoothens air movement for your beautiful plants.
And you can always see the supporting surface as they are clear.
- They are clear so they don’t attract attention
- Prevents molding and mildew
- They are recyclable
- At 12” diameter, they Fit nicely around 12” planters
- May warp under heavy ceramic pots
- They may crack if bent
2. Fiskars 24 Inch TerraBox Tray
And you don’t have to worry about colors or that you may miss an ideal size- you get a great mixture of colors and sizes.
Their tough resin construction guarantees durability whatever the weather while the UV additives ensures they don’t fade or crack like some of their competitors.
They are all-weather and they neither fade nor crack.
- A little shallow
- They cost more than some of the others
3. Curtis Wagner Round Clear Plant Saucer
But these are very well constructed and super-sturdy. They are also deeper so they easily catch excess water plus soil spillage.
You will finally forget about surface stains and smile that your carpets, furniture and floors remain fully protected.
These are inexpensive yet very sturdy and deeper.
They match with all clay, plastic and ceramic planters, on top of various grow bags. They could quite a clever choice in your hunt for the right drainage plate for plants.
- Fits a variety of planters.
- They have enough flex.
- Very lightweight for easier movement.
- May warp under the weight of water
4. Hydrofarm Garden Saucer
Having a diameter of approximately 14-inches, they come in economical packs of 10 so just like the 15-pc set home & garden plant pot saucers, they save you bucks.
These are top-ranked water catchers and for good reason- they are heavy duty, bend easily and cover a large area with their 14-inches diameter.
In short, they beat most of their peers hands down.
- Heavy duty products so super sturdy.
- Match most pots as they come in different sizes.
- Plants don’t stick to the saucer.
- Flexible enough to bend easily.
- Color green may not match with some patios.
5. CWP-SQDS Footed Square Carpet Saver Saucer
And they are functional enough to be used with a ceramic or round or even a molded plastic planter.
Still, they have an excellent airflow bottom design which doesn’t trap moisture, or dirt under your saucer.
Lastly, these square plant saucers have a variety of sizes - 8”, 10”, 12”, 14” and 16”
When looking for versatility, not many saucers beat this.
- Excellent with square or round ceramic on top of molded plastic planter
- Extra heavy duty
- Versatile- works indoors/outdoors
- They are clear making cleaning a breeze
- A bit costly
6. Plant Pot Saucers Clear Plastic
With their high sides confining the water, and their raised ridges helping to maintain moisture, these plant trays are engineered to be reliable and resilient amid the flooding.
Intentionally built to be reliable and consistent in performance, these water drips are one of the must-haves for a contemporary gardener.
Their ultra-high sides and inclined ridges ensures that they will always exceed all your expectations.
- The various sizes give you more choices
- Affordable compared to ceramic saucers
- Can be bent easily
- The labels that hold the saucers together are a little difficult to remove.
7. Bloem Cotta Saucer- 24 inch plant saucers
At 2.5-inches deep, the bloem cotta saucer is deeper than most of the popular drainage plate for plants. It works well with Milano and Dura Cotta planters.
If you are a gardener looking for a deep saucer- one that can go with larger planters, then this could be what you have been searching.
It impresses with its depth and functionality.
- A strong base makes it more stable
- Its depth is a great convenience
- Fits with even larger plants
- Not very thick
8.Bamboo Small Round Sandy Beige
Then, they have a raised rim which quickly collects excess water and any soil spillage.
Lastly, these have a natural wooden color meaning they match almost all pots and planters.
These bamboo rounded plant trays are excellent with small planters. They match well with your other furniture due to the wooden color and expertly collect overflowing water.
Bamboo is also very durable.
- Matches naturally with your other furniture
- Super lightweight
- Much cheaper
- A bit smaller so won’t do well with large plants
- May crack if bent
9. FUNNYGO Round 14" Plant Saucer caddy- large plant saucer with wheels
Made of thicker and enhanced Materials, these funnygo round plant saucers have a removable water tray with a capacity to hold heavy and larger plants.
The durable caster Wheels roll easily making movement breeze.
If you are looking for saucers to Move heavy planters around your garden or home breezily, then these could be your lasting solution.
These have the capacity and ability to draw water while making your plants more mobile.
- Moves plants safely and easily
- Supports larger and heavier pots
- They are made of top quality materials
- Costs more
10. 15-pc Set Home & Garden Plant Saucers
They also have a Unique raised ring pattern design that effectively holds all excess water away from your plant pot.
Then, Apart from drawing water away, they also provide critical airflow crucial for your plants healthy root system and their overall improved health.
This doesn’t just hold water- it also guarantee plenty of healthy air flow for your plants meaning you will be growing healthier plants in mess-free environment.
- Since they are clear, these saucers match well with almost all the planters and grow bags in the market today- clay, ceramic, and plastic.
- Their airflow design doesn’t trap dirt or moisture hence your floors and furniture remain highly protected
- You get a free E-book bonus “Grow bigger plants” which is full of fresh ideas
- It’s a 15 pack so it’s cheaper than buying one-one
- They come in three versatile sizes (6’, 8” and 10”) so they will certainly fit most plant containers
- They are a bit thin and may crack under heavy soil
What Are The Benefits Of Using Drainage Plate For Plants?
Let’s look at some of the biggest advantages of water catchers for plants.
Your plants remain hydrated all through
The residual water ensures your growing plants remain in good health and hydrated all through without putting any extra effort or time
They prevent root rot
by drawing any standing water away from your plant, water saucers ensure that potted plants don’t develop mold that ordinary causes makes the roots to rot
Re-potting and watering become easier
Some plant pot saucers are designed not only to lure excess water but also to facilitate better oxygenation of your plants making them healthier.
Watering and re-potting is much easier with healthier plants.
If you want to water your plants without staining your furniture and floor, large planter saucers will give you peace of mind.
Where to buy drainage plate for plants?
While your local gardening supplies store could supply your needs, online stores like Amazon, E-bay and similar eCommerce sites have more variety besides offering better prices.
Which Factors To Consider When Buying Water Catchers For Plants?
Getting an ideal water catchers for plants shouldn’t be as hard as it sounds. By simply keeping in mind some crucial factors, you should soon be a happy owner of an excellent drainage plate for plants.
Here now are those key features:
How well does it hold the water at bay? And does it really keep your growing flowers hydrated? What aerating the plant roots- does it really help to aerate your plant roots?
Well, be it rectangular plant saucers or other drip trays, functionality is key.
If you don’t want to attract attention, go for clear plant drips. They are others like the Bamboo-Small-Round-Sandy-Beige have a great natural wood theme and beautifully complement your furniture.
Size and depth
The size of your saucer tray and also its depth also matters. For example, you may find a deeper rectangular plant drip tray or even a rounded one performing much better than shallow saucers.
If you are unsure of your ideal size, pick a diameter a bit bigger to avoid inconveniences.
You will meet saucers purposed for certain planters- for example; the Fiskars TerraBox Tray is built for Terrabox Planters and won’t fit well with other water catchers.
It shouldn’t crack or give in too easily.
Since you may want to bend it as you drain the residue water or when cleaning it, your water saucer should have enough flex to support such operations.
Final Thoughts on Water Catchers
By simply placing water catchers for plants, you get to kill many birds with one stone;
First, you catch excess water and prevent staining of your floors, tables and carpets.
They also help pass more oxygen to your plants making them healthier and more productive.
Saucers also help to decorate the base of all your plants- especially those with matching décor.
So, messy free gardening is possible- you only need a drainage plate for plants!