Robotic Lawn Mower For Your Large Lawn
An immaculate lawn is something to take pride in as well as a great investment on your property. However, if the bane of your existence happens to be lawn mowing, then the best robotic lawn mower for large lawns, small lawns, and those in-between is your answer.
In any case, your overworked lifestyle may not have a place for some of these kind of menials and maintaining your landscape personally may not be such an appealing idea.
With a domestic or commercial robotic lawn mower working on your lawn, the traditional manner of working with noisy, polluting, and gas guzzling push lawn movers at inconvenient periods becomes outdated.
With a bot, you can plan grass-cutting operations according to seasonal growth rates or program day or night mowing sessions.
It will let you deliver a beautiful lawn without physically mowing your tuft and turn grass into rice-grain sized cuttings. This means no more unsightly grass piles.
A robotic lawn mower will accomplish these exploits through operating within a wire boundary laid above or underground and a unique combination of real-time sensory feedback, timers, and controls you can program and monitor from your smartphone.
Common traits of commercial and domestic robotic lawn mower
- First an ability to head back to its charging station on its own when its battery is low or during severe weather. It should then resume operations automatically once it is fully charged or dry.
- Second, it needs to have enough versatility to handle turf of varying types, thickness, and heights.
- Third, look for flexibility that allows mowing of intricate and narrow areas of your lawn.
- Forth, it should come pre-programmed ready to mow within a specified boundary. Everything needed to install and start it should be in the box.
- Fifth, it needs to have the intelligence and power to mow on uneven terrain and handle declines and inclines up to 45 degrees with ease.
- Sixth, it must have a friendly and intuitive interface to allow easy customization and programming.
Below is a look at eleven robotic lawn mower reviews of products the market has to offer.
These reviews illuminate precisely what each robot can accomplish for you
Robotic Lawn Mower Reviews 2020
1. Husqvarna 967646405 Automower 450X
These include slopes reclining to 45%, tough terrain, diverse stationary or moving obstacles, and narrow passages.
Husqvarna 967646405 Automower 450X covers 1.25 acres. Its battery charging period covers seventy-five minutes and sound level measurement rises to 58 dB(A) only.
You will interact with it, track it, and remain updated of its operations wherever in the world you may be through the touch of a screen. A built-in SIM card makes this possible.
- You can adjust the height it mows at while the mower is running. It stops shortly, makes the adjustment than resumes its program.
- Your wire must be at least 20 inches from your neighbor’s dog wire, otherwise your mower will depart your boundary.
Various Husqvarna robotic mower review sentiments place it at the top of the food chain.
2. Robomow RS630 - Install Kit Included
A pin code will keep both prying little fingers and your mower safe and sound. This code ensures no one else can operate it without your knowledge or consent.
Once you activate its child lock system, you will prevent children, or anyone else not familiar with its safe handling, from operating the robot mower.
Its blades will stop rotating once it tilts onto a vertical position or it has been lifted off ground. The blades stop also when its bumper senses an obstacle and the robot changes direction.
- An adjustable integrated rain sensor protects it from rain. It will return to base station independently in rainy weather and start out again once conditions get better.
- Relatively wider wheels enable enhanced maneuverability.
- Non-grass covered wet and muddy patches inside its perimeter will bog it down.
The height adjustment system gives you various grass height cuts according to your preferences. It will also drive independently to other zones in your garden that are connected by a grass strip or pathway. It will return to dock on its own once its schedule is done.
A unique edge mode enables cutting beyond the wheel, a design that allows an extra and special finish. Finally, its emissions compare favorably with any solar robotic lawn mower.
3. Husqvarna 967622505 Automower
Husqvarna 967622505 Automower comes equipped with a GPS navigation system bringing efficiency mowing to demanding lawn areas.
It will work easily on a sloppy lawn that inclines as much as 45% and works on an area as large as 0.8 acres or 34,000 square feet. This makes it suitable as a robotic lawn mower for large lawns.
A wonderful feature is its unique auto-mower connect compatibility. This brings the mower menu system to your smartphone. This way, you can read and change remotely the settings on your mower.
- This bot mower crosses driveways with ease.
- It mows very quietly day and night come rain or sunshine.
- It is extremely good looking and will attract several gawps and from neighbors and friends.
- The owner manual has limited information although a more detailed manual is available online.
It is a great looking but functional toy, which might attract thieves. Once someone picks it up, it becomes disabled and a loud alarm goes off. You must feed a code to put the alarm off.
If you are not around and a thief makes off with it, the application tracts it down “find iPhone” style.
Of your storage space, it will occupy 12 by 10 by 12 inches and weigh 1 pound. It has a typical 65 minute charging period and has a 57 dB(A) sound level measurement.
4. Honda Miimo HRM 520
This autonomous robotic lawn mower comes with a programmable timer and cuts within a boundary wire. Your customer care staff will install this wire boundary below or above ground according to your wishes.
Its arsenal of intuitive sensors, timers, and controls will detect the electric field within the boundary wire while helping it avoid obstacles such as ponds, shrubs, fence, pets, and trees.
It occupies 25.4 by 21.7 by 10.8 inches of storage space, weighs 25.6 pounds, and has a 60 minute run time.
- It yields tiny tuft clippings and disperses them into the grass root system, creating natural fertilizer.
- It is self-charging. Once battery life falls below 30%, it returns to dock to replenish voltage.
- It has anti-theft protection
- Can tackle steep sloped lawns, reclining up to 25%
- It has a maximum one-hour battery life.
Directional mode benefits narrow lawn portions, turning at a narrow angle at the wire. Mixed mode alternates between directional and random modes on regular intervals.
Edge mode makes miimo mow along the wire edge initially before proceeding to the rest of the tuft. Spiral mode directs miimo to concentrate on those tuft portions whose grass growth differ from the rest of the lawn.
5. RoboMow RL 2000 Robotic Cordless Electric Lawn Mower
It comes with a user-controlled disabling and theft protection system.
A unique feature is a manual control option that lets you maneuver the robot through extremely narrow areas.A floating deck and its solid blades deal with tough conditions and high grass with ease.
This robotic electric lawn mower is designed specifically to mow your lawn entirely by itself. This is a wonderful feature if you happen to dislike cutting or are allergic to grass.
- It is safe when working around pets, children, various obstacles, and any weather.
- It has a system to protect itself against theft.
- It will handle the various grass types with ease so long as you program in appropriate schedules.
- Appropriate and technical documentation regarding this device is sparse.
- Setting up a perimeter wire can be tedious and lengthy particularly if your neighbors have similar perimeters but gives exhilarating results once it is done.
It will safely cut grass on your tuft efficiently while you relax or do other important chores.
It works well on a mowing surface covering half an acre and cuts grass to a height rising between 1 and 2.4 inches.
It will occupy 35 by 26.1 by 12.4 inches of your storage space and weigh 86 pounds, batteries and all.
6. Husqvarna 967623405 Automower 315, Needs Install Kit
It comes with enough durability and power to handle your terrain no matter how tough, steep, big, or complex it is, any time day or night.
To accomplish this, it has three razor-sharp and pivoting blades that rotate to mow your lawn cleanly and evenly.
Its recommended to mow a quarter of an acre or less and reclines up to 40%.
It has an 8.7-inch cutting width and 0.8 to 2.4 inch tuft mowing height. Finding its own way to its charging station is a standard feature.
- It is safe around children and pets.
- It is very quiet in operation.
- It comes with a detailed manual assisted by an informative online presence.
- It has factory PIN number that you must obtain from customer service before starting it.
- Its maximum cutting height is 2.4 inches meaning you need to use another mower for the initial trim.
- A robotic lawn mower kit is one of the accessories you need to acquire.
You and your neighbors will sleep blissfully because its noise emission rarely exceeds 58 dB(A). Only a solar powered robotic lawn mower would beat its environmental friendliness.
Furthermore, it will not leave behind ugly ruts or an uneven lawn because it has large driving wheels, which allow it to work effortlessly on uneven lawn surfaces.
It measures 24.8 by 20.1 by 9.8 inches and weighs 19.8 pounds.
7. McCulloch ROB 1000 Programmable Robotic Mower
You can make it work on your lawn on weekdays while you are working or late in the evening when you watching television. It will not complain or need a drink but merely a self-propelled trip to its dock home to recharge or avoid foul weather.
Define its operational boundaries with provided wire, around objects it needs to avoid. This wire may go underground or remain above ground depending on your preferences.
- It has a penchant for demolishing ant mounds and limiting crabgrass growth.
- It gets stuck in any holes in your yard, therefore fill them in before it runs into them.
It emits a loud screech when lifted while working and only keying in the right PIN code will quiet it down. Without this code, it becomes useless, deterring theft.
It works well on a lawn measuring a quarter of an acre of grass. It weighs 15.4 pounds and measures 23.2 by 17.3 by 10.2 inches.
8. WORX WG794 Landroid Pre-Programmed with Rain Sensor and Safety Shut-off
It has features that allow customizing of mowing plans for each day. Other features include navigation of narrow passages and precise mowing even on slopes angling as high as 20 degrees. It will do this with zero emissions.
Its low noise during operation will give you peace of mind day or night while its intuitive keypad operated system lets you customize operations easily.
It operates on a shock sensor system to cut grass around obstacles, has five cutting height positions that rise from 1.6 to 4 inches, and its suitable for a quarter-acre lawn.
- It has a multiple zone function, which you can apply if you have a lawn in your front and back yard.
- It continues cutting during a light downpour but goes back to dock when it starts raining heavily.
- This machine lacks operational control based on a smartphone.
It weighs 36 pounds and occupies 22 x 15 x 9.5 inches of space. Combinations of all these features make it a suitable robotic lawn mower for large lawns.
9. Robomow Rs622 Battery Operated Lawn Mower - Install Kit Included
The blades also chops grass on your lawn and chops them so finely they are no longer visible as grass. These turn into mulch, perfect as natural fertilizer for your lawn.
Robomow Rs622 Battery Operated Lawn Mower - Install Kit Included, comes with a remote control you use to mow small patches of turf that call for more precise handling than in an automatic operation. As such, this remote control is a great accessory to the robot giving it additional features of a diy robotic lawn mower.
With this robot, mowing a surface slopping as much as 36% is easy and a rain sensing system lets you choose whether to work under rainy or high-humidity conditions.
Does your lawn need aeration? These articles will guide you on all you need to know about lawn aeration.
- It will send an alert to your phone when it gets bogged down for any reason.
- It will find its way back to dock despite hot or rainy weather and resume its schedule once the weather is favorable once more.
- It is password protected against theft making it useless unless the right code is fed.
- It is challenging to lay and set the perimeter wire.
Child lock is one of its adorable features that prevent anyone unfamiliar with its operation or children from operating or playing around with it.
A standard feature is that it returns to dock for battery re-loading, between operations,and in bad weather.
It weighs 44.1 pounds and measures 28.9 by 26 by 12.2 inches in dimension.
10. GARDENA 4069 R80Li
With its unique cutting system, it will not create lawn stripes but rather, it will leave behind an immaculately manicured carpet of a lawn.
It will go on quietly about its turf mowing operations prior to returning automatically to its docking station for recharging or in between schedules.
Its mowing operations are entirely programmable and as such, it will operate only if you need it to.
- Allows to you enjoy an immaculate lawn while giving you more free time away from lawn care.
- Functions seamlessly on highly complex lawn areas
- Initial familiarization is a stiff learning curve for those less technologically inclined.
Among its standard features include cutting grass tips into tiny clippings using its three razor sharp blades and dispersing them around the grassroots as natural fertilizer.
It measures 24 by 16 by 8 inches in dimension and weighs 16.5 pounds. Its information panel is LCD display with menu settings. It has lift and tilt sensors and a PIN code protected alarm.
11. John Deere Tango E5 Series II
It is quiet and will mow at night and not disturb anyone. It will work with little fuss, noise, and with no foul emissions whatsoever.
This programmable robotic lawn mower will take on your yard’s inclines and slopes in its stride and with its optional traction kit accessory, it will master any hill slopping 36%.
Press its red button to stop the blade. A sensor on the handle will lock the blade as you move it around. It is PIN protected with its screen locking automatically, a great feature when children are around.
- The docking station is weatherproof and can be positioned anywhere on your yard where there is power connection.
- To change cutting height, you need to power it off, turn it over, and rotate the saucer shaped blade cap slightly to move the blades up or down.
- First, they reduce noise pollution by as big a margin as seventy-five percent compared to other lawn mowers. Furthermore, it will not consume gasoline but rather, it is electric powered, there by avoiding carbon emissions.
- Second, it works by cutting grass and turning it into tiny clippings that are then dispersed to the grassroots, becoming a natural fertilizer. In other words, it will let you deliver a beautiful lawn without physically mowing your tuft and turns grass into rice-grain sized cuttings. This means no more unsightly grass piles.
- Third, with several seasonal weather changes within a year, how your lawn develops and appears due to the prevailing weather changes too. This means you need to change mowing schedules, cutting heights, and adapt to grass thickness.
Does your lawn need some good low pressure sprinklers? This article will help.
It takes 80 minutes to charge itself fully and works for up to ninety minutes all depending on the job complexity.
Working in the rain is no problem; however, it is advisable to protect it from severe weather through pressing the stop button.
It is PIN code protected rendering it useless to a thief giving it a high robotic lawn mower comparison grade.
In recent years, automation has come a long way, increasing production, making jobs safer and easier, and leading to creation of things that would not have otherwise existed.
A machine to mow a lawn without your physical presence is one such creation.
From the cheapest robotic lawn mower to the most powerful commercial robotic lawn mower, the market is today inundated with automatic grass cutting robots.
These robotic lawn mower reviews will go a long way in helping you overcome the choice challenge.