How To Choose An Indoor Herb Garden Kit?
Limited space need not be a hindrance in satisfying your itch to start a garden. Neither should time or climate. A perfect alternative would be a smaller indoor herb garden. To liven up your windowsill or office shelf, picking the best Window Sill Herb Garden Kits available would be the thing to do. Your dinnertime menu too will be all the better.
Herb garden kits come is all shapes and sizes. As such, picking an appropriate windowsill herb garden kit that suits your needs may be a challenge.
This article hopes to lighten your choice making. This is through the presentation of four excellent choices for you to pick one that meets your needs.
Alternatively, pick all four to act as an indoor window sill herb planter kit for each of your rooms in your home.
Window Sill Herb Garden Kits Review 2020
1. Window Garden Rustic Charm Herb Trio Kit - indoor garden kit
This windowsill herb planter measures 15.8 by 5.2 by 6 inches in dimensions and weighs 3.75 pounds.
It conveniently comes with three cups of fiber soil that allow roots to breathe and plants to flourish.The soil consists of microscopic straw-like fibers.
Its porosity enables root sprawling and stretching, allowing plant flourishment. This soil does away with purchasing and lugging around bags of heavy pot soil.
A germination bag keeps your seeds warm and moist while the fiber soil has over watering prevention traits. A detailed instruction manual, for guidance through the entire growing process, is included.
The process involves hydrating fiber soil through a watered dish, planting seeds into the soil, and germinating the seed with placement of a plastic bag over the pot.
Finally, ensuring seeds remain moist is crucial so watering and applying fertilizer when required is important.
Do not grow your cherished herbs in flimsy cheap pots. This indoor kitchen herb garden kit has impressive packaging and quality components, ensuring this kit impresses anyone receiving it as a gift.
- Kit has basil, sage, and chives herbs.
- Very clear instruction manual in color, diagrams, and pictures.
- Herbs not interchangeable although you can change seeds.
- Soil lacks nutrients and fertilizer is required.
2. Aquaphoric - Self Watering Planter
Growing plants on your windowsill gives you something to eat and admire as you breath the healthier air they bring.
It comes in vibrant colors and sleek lines that compliment homes, condominiums, or apartments. You have choices of decorative pot colors that complement home décor and chosen plants.
A water level indicator informs you when to and how much water your indoor houseplants need.
Its passive hydroponic action system creates ideal growing balance, between water and oxygen, around your plant roots.
This prevents flooding and under-watering of plants. This kit is 7 by 7 by 6.5 inches in dimensions, made of plastic, and weighs 1.3 pounds.
With this indoor window sill herb garden kit, you do away with soggy roots or wilted plants that arise from under or over watering plants.
- Kit lets you meet precise water and nutrient needs for your plants
- Kit comes with an excellent instruction manual in color, with diagrams and pictures
- Soil has minimal nutrients. You need to fertilize your plants
- Water indicator gauge tends to get stuck sometimes
3. Grow 5 Herbs From Organic Seeds with Nature’s Blossom's Herb Garden Starter Kit - A Complete Set W/ Everything a Gardener Needs to Grow Culinary Plants indoors
It has top growing success rates within the market. Its seeds are entirely organic and non-GMO. They have been open pollinated and grown naturally within the United States.
It is a fun gift ideal for fresher gardeners, allowing them to grow a culinary herb garden with ease.
It lets you spice up your kitchen with fresh homegrown herbs. These include basil, parsley, sage, thyme, and cilantro.
A kit also has five plant markers and a systematic instruction manual, all gift-wrapped in a sleekly designed box so it can be a perfect gift for a loved one. The product will occupy 8 by 4.5 by 7 inches in dimensions and weigh 11.2 ounces on your window sill.
This outdoor or indoor window sill herb garden kit lets you experience endless possibilities as you grow unique herbs right from seed to harvest.
There will be no need for prior experience or additional tools to work this kit.
- Lets you grow and taste fresh herbs picked from your own herb garden.
- Package has all essentials to grow herbs indoors with no additional tools needed.
- Over watering plants may create a mold menace.
- New package requires close to ensure each item is present, including the right units.
4. Window Garden Edible Fairy Garden Kit with an Enchanting Fairytale and Accessories
With this kit, the edible mini vegetables are ready for the dining table within ten days. It has an enchanting fable that talks of Blossom, a butterfly fairy’s fantastic journey.
Its glittery fairy components consist of adorable color coordinated accessories. The beautiful package contains an iridescent Butterfly Fairy, a unique 15 by 6 inch acrylic dish, sea glass, real moss, fiber soil, and flower picks.
It has a design that engages children, through storytelling, to grow their own mini microgreen vegetables in an indoor garden. The micro-green baby vegetables shoots are ready after ten days of growing near a window.
The seedlings bring crisp textures, busts of vivid colors, and intense flavors that will transform your favorite dish into a nutrient rich gourmet experience. These seeds have their own food supplies they augment from soil, water, and light.
This green kit measures 15.2 by 6.5 by 2.3 inches in dimension and weighs 2.1 pounds. This is a lovely Christmas or birthday gift for a young child who loves fairies and gardens.
It presents a parent and child with a simple activity to undertake together.
- A perfect gift for young children exploring gardening.
- Easy to set up from a detailed diagramed instruction manual.
- Scrutinize the package closely to ensure each item is present and in working condition.
- Adult supervision is necessary for the children using this kit.
Last Updated: April 6, 2020