Child Sized Gardening Tools 2019
How do you get your little ones to fall in love with gardening Simple! Show them how to use gardening kits for toddlers and kids
And getting them into yard can be an eye-opening experience….
From learning the soil, then planting seeds, and the entire ecosystem- insects and underground creatures, he/she will have his hands full- playing, having fun and best of all, learning!
Click Here For The Best Pation & Lawn & Garden Tools That Will Save You Time and Money
Why you should consider gardening with your children
Bringing them along helps.
This is how:
They make you an expert!
Any teacher perfects his art by teaching others. Here, you will be teaching kids about plants and flowers meaning you will start seeing things from a very different angle.
You develop a closer bond
Mom, dad, and baby working together in the yard is a fantastic way to build the family bond, crack jokes and get to know your loved ones better.
Its boosts physical, mental and general well-being
He/she will be exercising, reducing stress and growing socially. Any well-built children’s gardening kits should allow him to work for longer without fatigue.
His teacher will thank you!
Where else can he learn about worms, bugs, spider webs, growing plants, plant cycles and even the underground habitat apart from the farm?
Even better, some of the gardening gifts for toddlers are intentionally designed to stretch his creativity and imagination.
Popular Children’s Gardening Sets
So, are you sold on this?
If yes, thank your lucky stars- you have plenty of gardening kits for toddlers that get them dancing with joy next time they hear its gardening time.
Here, I will be focusing on some playful pieces built for your little ones. Later, I will be showing you how to decide which kids gardening kits will work for your child.
Exotic Vegetables Growing Kit Broccoli
I didn’t get a better vegetable growing trainer than this.
With the exotic vegetables growing kit, your kid has 5 veggies to farm- purple carrots, rainbow Swiss chards, black corns, romanesco broccoli and yellow cucumbers
And she can plant either indoors or outdoors.
- 5 seed packets
- 5 Biodegradable planters
- Instruction Manual
- 5 Compressed soil discs
- 5 plant markers
- The kit has everything you require
- This kit always succeeds so your kid remain motivated
- It is 100% non-GMO and very safe
- The comprehensive manual uses kid-friendly language
- It looks impressive and can be a superb gift
- Your children can plant either indoors or outdoors.
- The manual is written in small letters and can certainly be improved
This is A Complete vegetable growing Kit packed with all required essentials to Grow 5 Rare vegetables from Seed.
You kid will love its ease of use and the fun.
TickleMe Plant Greenhouse garden kit with science activity card
What’s more? He grows it in a greenhouse and the manufacturer seems to know that kids are impatient- the Plant starts growing within three days of planting so long as the conditions are right
· Touch sensitive plant
· 6 soil pellets
· 1 Recyclable Greenhouse
· 6 flower pots
· 3 Plant seed packets
· Easy to follow instructions
- Packs all that your kid needs to grow the moving houseplant
- It’s accepted as a fun holiday gift for kids
- The plant grows easily indoors – even in winter!
- It has a bonus of 10 fun activities
- He can replant and replant -the greenhouse and flower pots are reusable
- The instructions are simple and super easy to follow
- The price looks a little steep
- If you don’t follow the instructions, it will take longer to sprout
This is an amazing touch sensitive plant grown in a greenhouse and moves played with. Kids will love growing and spending time with this funny toddler’s tree.
Also read: The Best Window Sill Herb Garden Kits Buyer Guide
3. Creativity for Kids Grow ‘n Glow Terrarium – Science Kit for Kids
If you have lived with kids for long, you know you have to be creative if you want their attention. Now, the terrarium is a complete miniature garden that lets them exercise their creativity muscle through a simulated natural-like environment
You boy/girl will be free to create any imaginable farm ecosystem.
He crafts, plants, waters and grows his customized terrarium tabletop garden
- Plastic mason-style jar
- Decorative lid
- Organic chia & wheat grass seeds
- Potting mix
- Garden figurines
- Decorative sand, plant mister & river stones
- It is a Fun and educational set
- Promotes your kids creativity
- Things grow fast so your kid isn’t bored waiting
- Instructions are superb for beginner gardeners
- It’s cute- just the way children like it.
- Teaches science and art.
- Perhaps your kid may need guidance during initial stages otherwise nothing grows
As a Science Kit for children, the terrarium is your complete miniature eco-system building kit that allows kids get creative.
It’s a fun way of teaching your kids lessons on botany, eco-systems and even plants life cycle
4. Toysmith Big Kids Garden Tool Set
It is a mix of functional, high-quality farm tools designed for outdoor fun and play.
The set comes in very handy when your child demands to work alongside you in the garden.
It includes a spade, a hoe, garden rake, and leaf rake.
To store the tool, he just hung it vertically using the leather loop.
- Each tool is metallic and with a hardwood handle.
- Leather loop fixed on each tool
- For 5 years and going up.
- Highest safety standards
- Package: garden rake, hoe, spade, & leaf rake
- Super cute tools
- You can engrave your kids’ name on the handles to personalize it
- Easy to store- thanks to the leather loop
- The set is designed to be used without fatigue
- This one of the highest quality kids gardening tools
- The set is not recommended for younger toddlers
The Toysmith big kids garden tool set has all the tools that your young gardener needs to enjoy your gardening time together.
Each tool has a leather loop for easy storage.
5. Little Gardener Tool Set With Bag
But if you have the little gardener tool set for kids, it actually becomes a happy time- baby and parent will have lots of fun. And he can do all that he wants to!
Dig, rake the soil, water the flowers- name it!
This exciting set has a watering can, kids gardening gloves, rake, fork, shovel, garden tote bag- it’s a complete tool set.
- Lightweight tote bag
- Rounded edges (for kids safety)
- Tools have wooden handles & quality metal heads.
- Bright & exciting colors
- Built for smaller hands
- The tool set is very sturdy
- It’s a beautiful colorful little tool set
- Stretches your kids’ imagination in addition to promoting physical activity
- The tools are designed with kids’ safety in mind
- Helps you bond with your child as you ‘co-work’
- This is a great set- it doesn’t have a major flaw.
This is a set of child safe, garden tools that engages your kids as you get down to business in your yard. Your child won’t nag you- he will have a Canvas Tote, fork, gloves, rake and a Shovel to play with.
It’s an excellent training set!
FACTORS TO CONSIDER WHEN BUYING GARDENING KITS FOR KIDS
When selecting Gardening kits for toddlers and kids, some features are a must have…
Here is what we consider crucial.
You don’t want him to get an injury as he ‘works’- check out your set’s safety features. Those made of safe materials, with wooden handles and rounded edges- where applicable are much safer.
Tools can plastic or metal. Others are exact miniatures. Needless to say, the sturdier, the more durable and the more money it saves for you.
For miniature tool sets, ensure that it has all the essential tools including a:
- Hand trowel
- Tool caddy
- Watering can
- Miniature wheelbarrow
- Small gardening gloves
Ease of use
It can only be fun if its kid friendly. What I mean is that its manual should be clear- especially for experimental sets- and easier to learn. After all, he/she is a beginner.
How long does it take to grow
This applies again to gardening training kits. Kids aren’t patient so if the plant or vegetable will take months to sprout or ‘mature’ , expect them to get bored quickly.
So, pick fast-growing varieties.
Some of the tool kits are suitable for certain age groups. For example, the toysmith big kids garden tool set is for kids who are at least 5 years old.
There could be other unique issues like pricing, or you may get sets with added features like a convenient carrier bag or even a leather loop for hanging.
Such extras may tip the scales in favor of the concerned kit.
Don’t forget to read this Aerogarden herb seed pod kit review.
Wrapping it up
Gardening kits for toddlers and kids will help your little one’s love gardening even as they exercise and develop mentally, physically, and socially.
They also make mom, dad, and child to bond amongst other benefits.
When buying, age matters as well as a tools composition, ease of use and safety features.
I have also introduced to you some of our favorite kids gardening kit and believe you now have a starting point.
Otherwise, that’s all there is for now.
I will be happy to hear your comment- leave it below.