High Dexterity Cold Weather Gloves
You definitely understand the value of warm clothing if you work outside in very cold weather or in cold rooms.
You know you need to protect your hands because working with numb hands is unpleasant and you soon lose the feeling in your fingers. Furthermore, sustaining this exposure leads to frostbitten hands.
Perhaps you dislike the feeling of chunky gloves as you work. Also, thick hand wear may interfere with your dexterity and your ability to accomplish your tasks.
Whatever the conditions, you really must get your work done and it therefore boils down to finding the best winter work gloves for dexterity.
This all means you need to pick good quality gloves made of appropriate material. These should keep your hands and fingers warm and dry while giving you the freedom of movement necessary to accomplish your assignments.
To make you search easier, below are reviews of nine great gloves for extreme cold temperatures giving you an opportunity to pick the perfect fit for you and your job.
Click Here For The Best Winter Work Gloves
9 Best Winter Work Gloves for Dexterity 2019
1. Superior Winter Work Gloves - (378PLFL)
Effectiveness: Gives you flexibility while keeping your hands warm and dry.
Price: Nearly the lowest in its category.
Ease of Application: Lightweight and contoured fit for all day comfort with a strong grip in freezing wet or dry conditions making them among the top notch waterproof insulated work gloves.
- Neoprene over your knuckles joints offers protection against scrapes and knocks.
- Synthetic leather fiber takes a short time to dry.
- Their fabrication fiber does not become stiff after you dry them.
- High ANSI 3 rating puncture resistance protects your hands as you work.
- They come in four sizes and you need to determine your size before ordering to avoid hand size misfit.
- Some have found them bulky during manipulative assignments.
- With daily hard use, lasts between three and five months.
These gloves give you all the great features of leather alternatives without the negatives associated with real leather.
They are lightweight with elastic backs giving you a contoured fit without being bulky. You have four sizes: extra-large, large, medium and small for both men and women.
They are black, weigh 3.2 ounces and will take 5.4 by 5.3 by 3.1 inches of your storage space. It is advisable to determine your fitting size if you do not like working with loose gloves.
2. CLC Custom Leathercraft L123L
Effectiveness: Wing closing strap stops gloves from slipping off on getting wet from sweat or weather.
Price: Average among their peers.
Ease of Application: Deftness arises from Lycra side panels and stretchable spandex, letting you perform without restraint.
- Synthetic leather gives them toughness and hardening or shrinking prevention.
- Wonderful for your outdoor jobs where other gloves would become ineffective on becoming wet.
- These gloves will not snag on metal or wood due to their unique concealed inner stitching.
- Since they are not waterproof, you need to keep melted snow from getting inside.
- If you allow moisture in, a residue may develop making your hands sticky calling for a wash.
- Come in two sizes therefore you need to determine your size before buying.
The index, thumb, and middle finger tips of these gloves have material allowing you to use touch screen tools. These gloves let your hands do what they have to do.
They have superb insulation that keeps your hands warm in cold conditions. They are excellent for gardening, using a hammer, and putting up siding or similar jobs. Wall ripping or hauling big concrete pieces wears them off fast.
They are black and will take 23.6 by 14.1 by 11.8 inches of your storage space and weigh 0.48 ounces.
3. CLC 125L Handyman Flex Grip Work Gloves
Effectiveness: Unique syntrex palm material enhances abrasion resistance.
Price: Middle range for its class
Ease of Application: Stretch and fit thumb feature combined with spandex back create a comfortably fitting glove, enhancing flexibility and luxury.
- Three finger tips are touchscreen enabled allowing easy smartphone usage.
- Padded knuckles, spandex back and additional padded thumb.
- Cold weather insulation that your hand and finger warmth as you work in winter conditions.
- Will not shrink or harden when they dry up after using in wet conditions.
- They have a rather poor durability compared to their peers.
- Consistent application during tough jobs and the stitching starts to go missing.
- Tough jobs also leads to wearing on the point of most contact to a point of showing a finger through.
You also get nice adjustability from its Velcro strap on your wrist and they will not over-heat your hands as you work.
A slick feature is its material that lets you use your smartphone and other tools or equipment operated through touch screens.
The gloves weigh 3.04 ounces and occupy 4.5 by 11.5 by 1.5 inches of your space.
4. ProFlex 817WP
Effectiveness: rugged reinforcement palm brings you cold weather hand protection.
Price: Top of its range
Ease of Application: Made to trap body heat, allow moisture to escape for warm comfortable wear, and full dexterity.
- Wind and water proof, breathable membrane blocks moisture and cold keeping your hands dry and warm as you work in snow and cold temperatures.
- Palm and fingertip rugged AX suede reinforcements bring abrasion resistance, flexibility and a superior grip.
- Outer shell is weather and resistance rip proof for easy handling of things in chilly temperatures.
- Water repellent finishing gives durability while making the gloves breathable.
- There are complaints that in certain conditions, these gloves are not waterproof.
- They come in five sizes with different price tags. This means if you get a wrong fitting size, water may seep inside making your hands cold.
You can tighten them with loop and hook closure so as to keep cuffs secure around your wrists for enhanced cold and warmth protection.
Touch screen capabilities mean you can type, tap, and swipe on your tablet, smartphone, and touchscreen operated tool without taking your glove off.
If you love ice fishing but need to avoid cold and wet fingers, these are your gloves. They will keep you warm and dry once you have taken wet fish off your lone.
They weigh 6.4 ounces, are black and measure 5 by 3 by 14 inches.
Click Here For The Best Winter Work Gloves For Men
Click Here For The Best Winter Work Gloves For Women
5.Superior Winter Work Gloves - SNTAPVC – Size Large
Effectiveness: Puncture and abrasion resistance, crinkle grip palms give flexibility in the coldest temperatures.
Price: High compared to its peers
Ease of Application: Great grip while keeping your hands dry and warm for jobs that involve wintry and wet conditions.
- Unisex gloves allow a tight grip while fleece lining keep your hands soft, warm, and dry.
- They are snug, fit into your pockets easily, and sufficiently windproof to maintain hand warmth.
- When they get damp, they are quite easy to dry.
- Glove fingers are quite long, at least half an inch longer than average length real fingers, reducing dexterity.
- Complaints arise about lack of water resistance making them poor tools in wet conditions.
- Five sizes, although all same prized, infer you need to find out what your size is before you place an order.
Their puncture resistance rises to ANSI 2 while abrasion resistance rises to ANSI 3, giving your hands the protection needed while you undertake your wintry conditioned job.
Flexibility, even in cold temperatures, is enhanced due to a unique, tiny air bubble filled palm coating. This means you need not give up on flexibility or comfort as you work.
They are ideal if you work in commercial fishing, construction, utilities, farming, and cold storage or in any occupations where cold and wet winter conditions are major factors.
They weigh 4.2 ounces and measure 5.3 by 5 by 2.3 inches all features that make them among the best thin gloves for extreme cold working conditions.
6. Fleece Winter Work Gloves NR450
Effectiveness: These gloves for subzero temperatures allow manual dexterity for delicate jobs such as box delivery or skiing.
Price: Middle range compared to its nearest competitors.
Ease of Application: Anti-slip features make handling oily and heavy materials easy.
- They offer excellent grip and precision meaning you can pick up small screws easily while elastic wrists keeps them tight.
- They are touch screen compliant so you can operate your smartphone and touch screen operated equipment.
- Industrial friendly grey façade hides dirty grime appearance until you can clean them.
- People have complained they are not liquid resistant with oil and water seeping through to the hands.
- Your hands might get cold if you work in a freezer or dairy box for long periods.
- Make sure you know what size that fits you before you order because they come in three sizes.
You can catch a bottle of wine in the air and they will stick like glue but not too much that the bottle will not slide off into its cubby immediately.
You will be able to use them with a computer, scanner, touch screen operated equipment, and even write with your pen with ease. They are thin, lightweight, warm, and soft good enough for handy ladies.
They are machine washable, weigh 4 ounces, measure 9.2 by 5.1 by 1.4 inches, and are made of nitrile rubber, polyester, and spandex.
7. Carhartt Women's Perennial High Dexterity Glove
Effectiveness: Allows women to work in comfort while protecting their hands.
Price: Top of the range among its peers.
Ease of Application: Offers women durable yet fitting work gloves.
- Side vent cuff, synthetic wrist pull, palm foam padding, and wrap cap construction combine to make all year round working gloves.
- They have a perfect fit for women who discern well-fitting gloves for more than typical gardening work.
- Light and snug enough to wear beneath heavy gloves on bitterly cold winters.
- You can grasp small items with them.
- They are not machine washable, calling for thorough hand washing.
- Different sizes on offer require you determine your size first before you order for a perfect fit.
- Complaints of too much material on the palm and finger circumference interfering with the fitting arise.
This pair will give you durability and you can use them for moving and hauling things, carry firewood and numerous other projects around your home, garden all the way to fixing your fences, and farm.
These women's waterproof winter gloves look wonderful and appear very well made making them perfect for the lady who wants to go about her chores but also wants to appear elegantly adorned.
They are made of nylon and spandex, are lightweight, and come in work associated colors such as dusty plum.
8. Carhartt Women's Dex II High Dexterity Work Glove
Effectiveness: Precision without compromising great looks and comfort.
Price: Top among its peers.
Ease of Application: Lets you maintain your deftness while keeping your hands warm around your work.
- Real palm leather and cowhide overlay, leather knuckle protection, and elastic cuff with loop and hook closure come together to create working perfection for women.
- They give you precision handiness that you can pick up nails and screws without removing the gloves.
- Come in assorted colors to help you maintain your dress code as you work.
- The leather needs to adjust to your hands before they can become a good fit.
- Complaints arise about poor maintenance of warmth.
- Some elements of stitching may come off with constant use and hand washing. They are not washing machine compatible.
These women gloves are sturdy, will keep your hands protected, and will leave you looking great while at it. Making them rate highly when it comes to best women's cold weather gloves.
They are breathable through a spandex shell, are made of genuine leather with a cowhide overlay, measure 1 by 1 by 1 inches in dimension, and weigh 1 pound.
For a woman who cares about how what you wear looks like, you have a choice of colors. These include black winter and white rose, and blue dusk and black.
9. Men's Hi-Dexterity Winter Gloves
Effectiveness: Protects your hands from the elements while keeping them warm in cold weather.
Price: At the top of the range among its nearest competitors.
Ease of Application: These gloves for extreme cold temperatures are durable but comfortable due to abrasion resistance and reinforcement from top synthetic fabrication material.
- Thinsulate promises warmth, fleece lining guarantees comfort both creating ideal gloves for working in cold conditions.
- Closure adjustable wrist straps keep out the cold from your hands.
- Improved wear performance and grip come from reinforced PVC palms.
- Improved flexibility especially around the knuckles comes from stretch neoprene knuckle wrapping.
- Extra fingertip and palm material may prove useless since stitching may ware through in a short time with nails getting caught in them.
- Precision may be compromised since you have to remove them to handle small finishing nails.
- They may not be ideal for extremely rugged applications.
The synthetic leather they are made of makes them more durable than genuine leather and their enclosed cuffs keep the wind out. Their flexibility will allow you to undertake most tasks around the construction site without the need to take them off.
Note that when you work in extreme cold conditions, the nature of what you do makes the difference to the type of protection your gloves offer for your hands. This means for enhanced dexterity, you may require to sacrifice some warmth.
Alternatively, a lot of activity and movement may be enough to keep you warm. This means your perfect glove choice would be those you can adapt through removing or adding a layer.
With the above advice and reviews, it now becomes easier to identify the best winter work gloves for dexterity.