Recommended Rake & Yard Vacuum For Acorns
Cleaning up acorns in yard need not be punishing, you only need to find the best way to pick up acorns that you deem fit for you.
There are several ways and tools of cleaning up acorn from your yard. You can directly pick them up with your hands or use specialized acorn picking tools. such tools make acorn picking task a breeze especially when you are using the top rated rake for acorns in the market.
But in case of a “bumper harvest” of acorns then, you may need to think beyond a rake for acorns and consider the a yard vacuum for acorns.
My Top 3 Tools To Clean Up Acorns From Yard
1. Garden Weasel Large Acorn/Nut Gatherer
- Basket made from spring wire
- 1 ½ gallon capacity
- 3/8″ Steel handle
- For objects sized 1 ½ ” to 3″
- Made from carbon steel
- Weather/rust resistant
This is another revolutionary alternative to rake tool for acorns.
It supersedes it cousin – the Garden Weasel Medium Nut Gatherer- collecting bigger acorns and just about anything sized between 1½” to 3″
I’m talking of things like walnuts, magnolia seed/flower heads, sweet gum balls, and even small fruits.
Its basket is also larger holding approximately 1 ½ Gallon.
Then, just like its medium-sized cousin, it works easily- just roll it to start picking up acorns and everything else. This means you will never bend over to pick up the hazards.
- It’s very sturdily built
- It rolls over smoothly regardless of the surface
- Picks up hazards pretty easily
- Made of steel hence very durable
- It’s long and so very comfortable even with taller farmers
- May not collect smaller acorns or pecans
- Its basket isn’t very easy to empty
2. 18″ Push Pecan/ Large Acorns Picker-machine to pick up acorns
- For sizes 3/8″ to 1 1/4″
- All-terrain Wheels
- Push motion
- Large basket
This push lawn sweeper for acorns makes your acorns gathering faster, easier, and very productive.
Then, it’s designed to work on almost every terrain with tines on multiple wheels expertly capturing the invaders.
Operating it is quite simple – you just push it over the surface and let it do the rest of the work.
When the basket fills up, simply hoist it out to empty your harvest. It’s really effortless
Check out how this push rake picks up acorns
- It’s generally built to last
- Very easy to assemble
- It has minimal maintenance cost
- Picks up more in a round so it’s faster
- Picks up even hidden acorns
- A bit pricey
3. Nut Broom – Acorn Collector
- For sizes below 4″ and more than 3/8″
- Notched disc
- 1.4mm Wire
- Fully repairable
Nut Broom rake for acorns has been designed to excel in all collection jobs – whether collecting walnuts, pecans, acorns, or black walnuts, this is immense.
Like some of its competition, the used 1.4mm Wire should last for many, many years. No wonder it’s one of the few acorn pickers that offers a 2-year warranty
The notched disc firmly holds the wires together to ensure that it collects every acorn every time in addition to preventing them from falling out when caught.
Eventually, you should be able to pick every object off the ground.
On maintenance, this is fully repairable with all its spare parts being readily available.
Here is a video of the acorn pick up tool in action
- It comes with a dumping tool
- Easy to use
- Simple to unload collections into a bucket
- It’s a very durable nut picker
- This is fully repairable with repair kits readily available
- The handle could have been better
Other acorn pick up tools
4. A.M. Leonard Weasel Acorn/Nut Gatherer - 10 Inch
- Steel wire design
- Carbon steel tines
- 48 inches long comfort-grip handle
- Cage measurement: 10 x 6.5 in.
- 2.75-quart capacity
- For objects 3/4-inch to 2-inch wide
With a Cage measuring 10 x 6.5 in. and a 2.75-quart capacity, this excels in picking up nuts sized between 3/4-inch - 2 inches
When you run this Weasel over acorns, they are forced into the wiring of the weasel and further into the basket- making the whole process a breeze.
The comfort-grip handle is handy especially for those days when you’ll be working for more hours as it reduces fatigue.
It’s also weather/rust resistant so you don’t have to worry about it getting damaged soon.
Of course, its steel wire design makes it long lasting!
- Gather everything in a single easy sweep
- Handle is long enough so no bending over
- Picks up a wide range of objects from buckeyes all the way to sweet gum seeds
- This is another super durable substitute to a rake for picking up acorns
- Its light so it spares your energy when working
5. Ammo Nut Wizard Pecans/ Acorns gatherer w/Retractable Handle
- Retractable handle
- Metal wire design
- 4-foot handle
- For smaller sizes
The Ammo Nut (and acorns) Wizard happens to enjoy a massive following from firearms enthusiasts.
That’s because it is magical in collecting brass casings. Even those hidden within the grass.
It’s similarly effective in picking smaller acorns and many other smaller nuts.
Metal wires form the basket which easily rolls on different surfaces. Then its easy spin motion will block it from backpedaling when working.
The retractable handle makes the process even smoother.
The wires are flexible and spread open meaning it will be collecting acorns from the ground as you roll the picker.
And they rarely fall out of the container.
- This is super effective
- The collapsible handle makes it storage friendly
- The twisted basket functions well
- Collects even hidden hazards
- It’s straight forward - unpack and start using
- The basket isn’t screwed very well
- May not work that well on rough surfaces
6. Medium Nut /Acorn Wizard 14-inch
- For sizes 3/4" to 4"
- Flexible wire design
- Free swiveling
- Medium sized basket
With an absolutely top quality construction, this medium nut/acorn wizard 14” answers your question how to pick up acorns.
And it’s quite versatile collecting large pecans, acorns, red oak, English walnuts, chestnuts, buckeye, shotgun shells, and golf balls collection like a little champ.
I was also impressed by its ability to pop the caps from the acorns
Indeed, you can deploy it to help gather every other unwanted object so long as they’re between3/4" to 4"
In a nutshell, it’s superbly constructed and super easy to roll around.
It also swivels in all directions.
- It’s very good with 3/4" to 4" sized objects
- It rarely breaks down
- This gathering tools rolls and swivels very easily
- It even pops the caps from the acorns
- It’s also easy to empty- just shake it
- Not for larger nuts and acorns
7. Nut Harvester for Gathering Acorns (Small)
- Made of welded steel wire
- 48" long aluminum handle(thick and tubular)
- Dumping tool included
- For items measuring 0.7" to 1.9"
Lastly, our search for the right picking up acorns tools took us to this welded steel wire nuts-cum acorns collector/cage.
Clearly constructed to serve for many years, it comes with a super sturdy 48-inches long, thicker and tubular aluminum handle.
You hold its handle, and then roll it back/forth over any surface to pick up your acorns, small nuts, or any other item with a diameter from 0.7" to 1.9"
More so it comes with a dumping tool which saves you time by allowing you to directly empty your waste into the bucket.
Is your yard flea infested? Have a look at the ways to treat it.
- Makes collecting acorns so easy
- Since you empty directly into the dumping tool, it saves your precious time
- Seems very durable
- Its aluminum handle is longer and convenient
- It also picks up other waste including crab apples
- Tines are a bit flimsy and may cause gaps through which acorns fall out
8. Garden Weasel Medium Acorn/Nut Gatherer
This is a durable, easy-to-use rolling tool. You just roll it over any surface in a back-and-force motion until the wire basket fills to capacity or your area clears.
It goes beyond being just an acorn removal from lawn, doing well to help you mop up pecans, hickory nuts, crab apples, and of course large acorns.
Indeed, it will help you gather just about any other object sized between ¾” to 1 ½ ”.
It made from carbon steel thus it’s a very durable tool. You will also be happy with its comfortable handle grip.
- Capacity:1 gallon
- Made from carbon steel
- Comfortable handle grip
- Weather/rust resistant
- Wire basket
- For objects sized ¾” to 1 ½” in size.
The storage hook is also very well constructed.
The wire cage is evenly spaced and heat-tempered so it maintains its shape even when in use.
This acorn cleanup tool is also weather resistant and rust resistant.
- It’s very easy to use. Just roll it over to start
- Its handle is very comfortable so you can work for many hours without tiring
- Its basket is fairly big so you can collect more with each round
- Made from carbon steel, this acorn netting is very durable
- It works smoothly
- It doesn’t pick up small acorns
Most of the recommended tools are easier, faster, and more effective.
Some even come with easy to use manuals showing you how to clean up acorns in yard.
So, don’t allow acorns to pull you back. You can take the battle to them by finding the right way to pick up acorns that fits you!