Snow Blowers for Gravel Driveways, that’s what you need when you’re faced with a biting winter. You need to keep the driveways clear of the frost to remain safe and that’s where a snow blower for gravel driveways comes in.
And there are other time tested methods of rescuing your gravel driveway from the jaws of ice including:
- Spraying the frozen pathways with rubbing alcohol
- Covering your driveways in rock salt
However, too many, one of the ways to clear snow from a long gravel driveway- is by using the best snow plow for a gravel driveway in the market.
What Is a Snow Blower?
Snow blowers (or snow throwers) are simply machines- in the mode of mini-tractors or lawnmowers- designed to do the heavy lifting when you have a serious ice invasion.
They clear your icy driveway with finesse and are an efficient alternative to other methods.
And provided you know how to clear snow from the gravel driveways, you’ll find them outstanding.
Types of Snow Blowers
Snow blowers are available in different styles.
Let’s skim through them:
Single-Stage Snow Blowers
These are the most basic. They can be gas-powered or electric.
But the auger may also pick up gravel so they are therefore not recommended for gravel driveways.
Two-Stage Snow Blowers
These throw the snowfall out the chute twice (hence the name two-stage)
First from the auger and then through the fan-like impeller
Two-stage snow blowers perform well on gravel and concrete driveways since the design of the auger prevents them from touching the ground.
If you have a large swath of snow to clear, pick these types of snow blowers.
Three-Stage Gas Snow Blowers
The difference between these and the 2-stage models is the accelerator which helps to quicken the snow clearing process.
Otherwise, they excel – just like the two-stage siblings- in clearing large areas.
Our Top Picks
Well, all the units present a strong case and fully deserve to be on this list. But we weren’t looking at just the first impressions.
We needed consistency, adjustability, ease of use, and performance.
And all factors remaining constant, the Husqvarna st224 24-inch 208cc two-stage electric start snow blower is the star of the show.
With a 208cc Husqvarna engine and a remote chute deflector, this is a high-performance snow blower and should clear snow from all large gravel driveways and paths.
Thanks to its adjustable skid shoes, it will work on any surface type
The handle is also adjustable and very comfortable to use.
And it has all the essentials to enable it to work regardless of the prevailing weather including heated handle grips, an electric starter, and LED headlights.
Top Rated Snow Blowers For Gravel Driveway – Buyer’s Guide
1. Husqvarna Two-Stage Electric Start Snow Blower
The engine is a respectable 420cc Husqvarna engine- only second to the 357cc OHV 4-cycle engine we found in the yard machines 291cc 30-inch two-stage gas snow thrower.
This should give you an idea of what to expect from it… a performance that ranks with the big boys.
One thing the manufacturer has done well here is to prepare it to be ready for all seasons.
- It’s very powerful and works very well
- The ergonometric handle is supportive even for people with physical challenges.
- It’s versatile and equipped to be used for all seasons- even when the weather is extreme
- The unit is self-propelling. it thus moves easily- regardless of the type of the surface or the depth of the snow
- The headlights are not strong enough and do not project beyond a few feet.
It covers a 30-inch width at once and can penetrate snow accumulations of about 2-12 Inches effectively.
And by the way, it can throw snow up to 50 feet. Moreover, the Husqvarna ST430T has an ergonomic handle. This means better you will never need to bend when operating it
Last but not least, the friction-disc transmission goes a long way in ensuring the whole unit runs smoothly. And efficiently.
2. Snow Joe 4-Speed 24-Inch Two-Stage Electric Snow Thrower
- It churns out the snow effectively at the first attempt.
- It is effective even in dense snow making it suitable for areas that traditionally snow heavily
- This snow blower for long driveway is fairly quiet.
- With all its components being well-built, the thrower seems very durable
- Its engine requires minimum maintenance
- This two-stage snow blower lacks an electric start and may take more time to start.
Its chute rotates 180 degrees and at a good speed meaning that there’s hardly any snow blowback when running this. Of course, this – plus the other performance features- help it to clear gravel driveways up to 22-inches wide on the first attempt.
Additionally, it comes with an extended 2-year warranty.
3. Jonsered 291cc 30-Inch Two-Stage Electric Snow Thrower
The Jonsered 24-inch two-stage is by all standards a very good snow blower.
And it has quite a following.
But there’s a group that – typically homeowners with expansive driveways- could do with a mightier machine.
And this is the category that inspired Jonsered to invent this upgrade to the previous model.
I am talking about those who oftentimes need to clear driveways as wide as 30-inches.
- The machine is very versatile and works on various surfaces-smooth, carved, rough, graveled surfaces, etc
- It has a convenient electric starter. This means it starts with a simple press of the button- rather than a cumbersome pull starts
- It has an interesting engine: quite powerful yet requiring very little maintenance
- It clears larger driveways (up to 30-inches) efficiently
- Its wheels are very, very good- at 24” and with an anti-slide feature, they maneuver admirably even in extreme conditions
- It costs a little bit more – compared with its cousins.
You see, the manufacturer has also fine-tuned the auger and impeller:
It now comes with a 12-inches steel auger and a reinforced impeller
Even the tires are bigger. And better.
4. Yard Machines – 24-Inch 179cc Two-Stage Snow Thrower
It has a good engine, a functional set of augers, and a nice impeller.
It comes with a powerful 179cc Yard Machines PRO OHV Engine. This energizes it to clear up significantly huge gravel driveways.
Then, instead of steel shoes, it has plastic skid shoes – these are not only smoother but also tender on delicate surfaces which means you can use it on more surfaces.
- Very powerful even in harsh conditions. It’s, therefore, a unit you can rely on whatever the conditions.
- Easy to start and work with since it has a pretty simple assembly
- The adjustable handle makes it cool even for taller users as they can adjust until they establish a comfortable position
- Its spare parts are readily available
- This unit is well balanced and rarely tips over
- It sometimes becomes too loud – especially when the snow is very thick.
Factors to Consider when Buying the lawn tractor for snow removal.
Buying a snow blower requires some careful analysis. And you must know precisely what you need.
Here are a few pointers on what constitutes a highly rated snow blower for gravel driveway
- Width of your driveway
Different snow blowers clear different widths. Buy a blower that can clear your width at once.
So, you need to know how wide your driveway is before spending.
- What’s your budget?
If you are on a budget, you should try to get a snow blower that can perform but is priced within your reach.
The thing is, the most expensive isn’t necessarily the best. Neither is the least expensive or the worst.
The easiest thing to do is to analyze all the available options and see which model is fitting your requirement and is within your budget.
Nowadays the market is so wide and there’s something for everyone.
You want a unit you can easily steer over dense snow.
Therefore, consider movement enabling options such as the type and size of wheels, inclusion of power steering, etc
- How powerful is the unit?
You need decent power to clear deeply entrenched snow. You thus need to choose a model with an engine and construction built to deliver even in a harsh environment.
certain models like our favored Husqvarna st224 24-inch 208cc two-stage electric start snow blower have a wider collection of convenient features such as adjustable skid shoes, heated handle grips, and LED headlights.
Such enhanced snow blows score more marks because being user friendly.
Are acorns becoming a problem for you? We have written a review on the tools in the market to pick up acorns.
Snow blower For Gravel Driveway Comparison Table
As it is our norm, we prefer giving our readers more value by investigating and briefly highlighting the top-notch products in various categories.
By doing this, we hope to make you- our reader- make informed buying decisions
Here is a brief look at the highly rated snow blowers for gravel driveway
Yard Machines 208cc 22-Inch
Yard Machines 357cc 30-Inch
Poulan PRO PR240- 24-Inch
Husqvarna ST224 24-Inch 208cc
208cc OHV 4-cycle gas engine
357cc OHV 4-cycle engine
179cc Poulan-PRO OHV Engine..
208cc Husqvarna engine
A snow blower for gravel driveways (or snow throwers) provides a quick and efficient snow clearance service.
And they come in various designs with the two-stage being the best for larger spaces and gravel driveways because of their well-constructed auger
When buying, you need to have basic information like the width of your driveway.
Plus you must check its maneuverability, power, and even handy extras such as LED headlights.
Now, our post has also introduced to you the top 4 models currently trending in the market with the Husqvarna st224 24-inch 208cc two-stage electric start snow blower stealing the show. According to us, it is the best snow blower for long driveway.
We now believe you are now well equipped to start your hunt for the right model.
So, can you now take over?
To buy or not to buy a robotic lawnmower. For more on this read this.