Best Walk Behind Mower For Hills
While hilly and winding lawns are a sight to behold, maintaining them comes at a cost.
This is because most of the ordinary lawn mowers are poor climbers and unsafe to use especially in extremely hilly landscapes (they commonly roll over)… at least that’s how it has been until the best lawn mowers for hills came around.
Sure. Lawn mowers have been around since 1830 when Edwin Budding gave us his famous grass cutter.
But despite various attempts, mowing steep hills has been one big puzzle for many lawn owners -until recently-.
And the reason is simple:
By design, mowing equipment tends to want to roll downhill meaning the operator has to manage its force or be overpowered and wait for the worst.
Lawn Aeration: the Why, the When, and the How
SHOP BEST SELLING LAWN MOWERS & ZERO TURN MOWERS
- Click Here For The Best Walk Behind Lawn Mowers
- Click Here For The Best Riding Lawn Mowers & Tractors
- Click Here For The Best Robotic Lawn Mowers
- Click Here For The Best Zero Turn Mowers
- Click Here For The Best Lawn Mower Parts & Accessories
What Are Lawn Mowers For Steep Hills?
Unlike all other grass trimmers, lawn mowers for steep hills are purposely-built to tackle hilly and uneven train with safely and efficiently.
You will notice several enhancements:
- Better traction- hence their exemplary climbing skills.
- Reinforced downhill braking -operators can slow, stop, and even reverse on hills.
- Lower center of gravity-hence their distinguished stability on slopes
Benefits of Using Mowers For Steep Hills
So, how does a good mower for steep hillshelp your lawn’s terrain?
Some of their distinct advantages are:
Most commercial mowers for hills have a low center of gravity. This significantly reduces their risk of tipping.
Many also have a 4-wheel-drive and wider tires for traction on all types of lawns.
Ease of Steering and Movement
Since their rear deck follows the front axle, they turn quickly and more sharply.
Reduced Exposure to Gas Fumes
With some of the lawn mowers for hills being battery driven, gas fumes don’t waft towards you so you’ll enjoy clean, healthy air.
Multiple Methods to Handle Clippings
Most offer attachments including baggers, mulchers, and adjustable-height blades.
In addition, some have up to 9 blade height settings so they can cut any lawn vegetation.
SHOP BEST SELLING GARDENING PRODUCTS
Click Here For The Best Pation & Lawn & Garden Products That Will Save You Time and Money
Lawn Mower For Steep Hill Reviews 2021
From our experience and extensive research for the highest rated type of mower for steep hills, we feel that these are the top dogs as far as lawn mowers for cutting through the hills are concerned:
1. Honda 3-in-1 Variable Speed Self-Propelled Gas Steep Hill Mower
- Free wheeling smart drive technology
- Razor sharp twin cutting blades (Micro cut)
- Easy starting GCV160 engine
- Auto choke
- 2-position handle
- 6-position cutting height adjustments
With the fast accelerating smart drive, micro cutting twin blades, easy starting GCV160 engine, auto choke, 2-position handle, and the 6-position cutting height adjustments, this comes equipped to conquer even the indomitable terrains.
It uses less gas compared to competing lawn mowers for hills and slopes.
And the variable speed can really speed up your cutting…at full speed, this beast dashes across yards.
It starts with just one pull and the deck does an amazing job mowing across winding terrain.
And your comfort and safety matters to it- you can tell this from the foam grip handles, and the Zone Start Safety System which automatically shuts the engine if you lose control of your mower.
More to this, its EPA and CARB Compliant, meaning it has been approved by authorities as being Eco-friendly.
Finally, you will enjoy exercising as you walk behind it, and is very easy to control. It does the job while helping you better your health. What a bonus!
- Starts up pretty quickly
- It packs plenty of horsepower and does well in climbing
- The reduced gas usage, this is an economical option
- It is an environmentally friendly lawn mower
- It sometimes produces annoying vibrations