High Wind Resistant Greenhouses Buyer Guide
So, how do you get peace of mind when planting in a greenhouse in a windy area? Well, I think the best greenhouse for windy area should take priority over anything else.
Well, I learned this the hard way:
I live in a very windy area and I always work with greenhouses.
I remember watching in horror, one cold night, as a violent storm brazenly blew off my first greenhouses’ cover resulting in extensive damage to my tulips.
I was left with no choice but to look for high wind resistant greenhouses
So, what are high wind resistant greenhouses?
High wind resistant greenhouses are greenhouses built with materials which can withstand high winds.
Some also have unconventional shapes thereby reducing the impact that wind may have on the greenhouse.
Greenhouse kits for windy area reviews 2020
Here now is a review of 4 green house kits for windy areas –at least from our own experience
1. Ohuhu Large Walk-in Plant Greenhouse,- high wind greenhouse kits
- Portable greenhouse
- 3 Tiers-12 Shelves
- Dimensions: 55.5” (L) x 56.3“(W) x 76.8“(H)
- 23.4lb weight capacity
- Zippered roll-up door
- Material: Heavy-duty steel frame &PE canopy
Engineered to create the optimum growing environment for your crops, this wind-resistant 55.5” (L) x 56.3“(W) x 76.8“(H) greenhouse provide the ultimate protection against extreme weather conditions such as wind, rain, and snow.
Its frame is made of durable rust-resistant steel tubes making it very resilient
It has a total of 12 wired shelves – enough space to place your small plants, gardening pots, and other essential supplies.
It also comes with a zippered roll-up door making it easy to access. Its screened ventilation provides optimum air circulation.
In a nutshell, this portable greenhouse is Ideal for starting your seedlings, protecting your budding plants, and of course for extending your plant growing season.
- Offers plenty of space for your seedlings
- The 4 lockable wheels make the house sturdy and easier to move around
- It retains warmth for longer
- Easier to put together
- Super sturdy especially once you zip tie your shelves on
- The assembly directions are confusing
2. Outsunny 12′ x 10′ x 7′ Portable Walk-In Garden Greenhouse (Deep Green)- windproof greenhouse
Features : Outsunny Portable Walk-In Garden Greenhouse
- Made of well-ventilated PE cloth
- Breathable roll-up windows (6) with screens (3 per side)
- Zippered entry door
- 4 guy ropes & 4 ground stakes
- Powder coated steel tube frame
- Deep Green
- Dimensions: 12′ (L)x 10′(W) x 7′ (H)
- Net Weight: 73.9lbs
This deep green,12′ x 10′ x 7′ tent-like shaped greenhouse is designed to be highly portable.
This means you can mount it where you feel it will give the better results. You can as well place it as an emergency to cover crops you feel are going through a rough patch
It’s supported by a strong powder-coated steel tube frame. You can also enhance its standing using the 4 ground stakes plus the included 4 guy ropes.
Combined, this kind of support ensures it will not be uprooted by the wind.
And like its predecessor, it has a zippered door which acts as a protective seal while also allowing easy access.
- Has more support and is hardly affected by wind
- It’s inexpensive
- Holds up during all weather conditions
- The windows enable you to monitor your plants from outside
- Has significantly more room so it can hold lots of plants
- It’s not that tall and you may easily touch its top
- Size: 12’x7’x7′
- UV protected cover
- 6 white mosquito windows
- 1 door (with a white zipper )
- Steel tube size (green powder coated)
one of the top rated greenhouse for windy area, this strong camel12’X7’X7’holds up really well even in torrential rain and comes unstuck a 30+ MPH stormy wind.
And it will need minimal reinforcement!
Its powder coated steel structure plus the installed middle rails give it the oomph to stand up against torturous winds.
Further to this, its covering is UV safe and so you can expect it to serve for many seasons now that it’s not going to be damaged by harmful UV radiation.
Going deeper, its ventilation is simple and cool with the handy roll-up windows lined on each side.
Then its door unzips easily to open up the entire greenhouse.
This makes it easier to move shelves in or to push your garden cart in for loading or unloading plants.
Overall, it’s an impressive invention.
- It provides more ventilation ensuring your herbs remain healthy
- Instructions given are very clear, making its assembly quite easy
- It has some large space inside so it can hold more and more plants
- It is absolutely sturdy
- It’s a bit tall and if you are short, you may need support when hanging plants
4. Homewell Mini Walk-In Greenhouse -3 Tiers,6 Shelves (56″W x 29″D x 77″H)
- 6 wired shelves (3 per side).
- Each shelve can hold 75 lbs.
- Roll-up door (with zipper )
- Walk-in design
- Heavy-duty powder coated steel.
- Clear polyethylene plastic covering
- Measurements: 56” wide x 29” deep x 77” high.
- Zipper door entrance
This also proudly claims its place among the elites thanks to its elaborate ‘walk-in’ design.
First, its Strong frame is very well built with anti-rusting heavy-duty powder coated steel. This frame is among the sturdiest I’ve seen in a greenhouse and is sure to resist any potential damage as maybe caused by the vagaries of weather
Its stacked design also enables you to grow more plants within a small space. Remember it accommodates even larger sized plants
This reduces your heating expenditure as you will need minimum extra heating during frost
Lastly, its zippered roll-up front door is big enough so placing and removing plants is a breeze.
- Its push-fit frame is very easy to assemble
- Its unique walk-in design offers enough growing space and the necessary ventilation to grow large sized plants
- It’s very stable and resists wind admirably
- Its portable so you can always shift it to new locations depending on your needs
- Its tall enough so you don’t have to stoop when checking on your plants
- It’s not for a big project
Wind can lead to huge losses if you live in a windy area and you haven’t taken precautions such as investing in the best greenhouse for windy areas
Of course, there are a few other controls that can help but nothing beats high wind resistant greenhouses in terms of results.
You now know how they work so selecting a suitable one shouldn’t be too hard.